Atsushi qualified as an attorney-at-law (bengoshi) in 2007 and is the founder at Miyake Law.
He has wide experience in cross-border commercial disputes and employment disputes in Japan, which is a civil law jurisdiction, and in Hong Kong, which is a common law jurisdiction. He acts for businesses and individuals in a range of different types of disputes and general business matters.
Highlights include representing:
- TechnoPro Holdings, Inc. in defeating claims for large-scale unfair dismissals against it.
- Dresdner Kleinwort’s Asia-Pacific CEO in its bonus claim.
- Knorr-Bremse in dealing with a strike at its Japanese factory.
- Tokyo Rope in its claim against LDK Solar in an arbitration at HKIAC.
- Chiyoda Steel in its claim against Bank of China (Hong Kong) for an L/C dispute.
Atsushi passed the National Bar Examination in 2005 while at Kyushu University before training at the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan. After spending a number of years at both Ishizaki & Yamanaka in Tokyo and Fred Kan & Co. in Hong Kong, he founded the firm in 2018.
Jess has 10 years business experience in Hong Kong, Mainland China and Japan. She mainly works for Chinese clients.
Lear more about: