Atsushi qualified as an attorney-at-law (bengoshi) in 2007 and is the founder at Miyake Law.
He has wide experience in cross-border disputes, commercial disputes and labour disputes. He acts for businesses and individuals in a range of different types of disputes.
Highlights include representing:
- TechnoPro Holdings, Inc. in defeating claims for large-scale unfair dismissals against it.
- Dresdner Kleinwort’s Asia-Pacific CEO in its bonus claim.
- Knorr-Bremse in dealing with a strike at its Japanese factory.
- Tokyo Rope in its claim against LDK Solar in an arbitration case at HKIAC.
- Chiyoda Steel in its claim against Bank of China (Hong Kong) for an L/C dispute.
Atsushi passed the National Bar Examination in 2005 while at Kyushu University before training at the Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan. After spending many years at both Ishizaki & Yamanaka in Tokyo and Fred Kan & Co. in Hong Kong, he founded the firm in 2018.
Jess is from Hong Kong and speaks Cantonese, English, Japanese and Mandarin. She is responsible for the smooth day to day running of the firm and Chinese translations for litigation.
Jess joined the launch of Miyake Law in 2018, having previously worked at Nagahori Corporation.